Call to Artists:
All artists under the age of 18 are invited to submit a minimum of one artwork and a maximum of three artworks. This exhibition provides a platform for youth on the Semiahmoo Peninsula to express themselves creatively. Any medium or theme is accepted.
This exhibition celebrates the talented and dynamic art of youth on the Semiahmoo Peninsula and provides an opportunity for young visual artists to showcase and celebrate their artistic abilities.
Created in partnership with the City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts, the Art on Display program ensures art is visible and accessible to the community. In a series of 5 to 8 themed, juried exhibitions held throughout the year, Art on Display showcases work in a variety of media by community and regional artists.
Delivery of Art Work
Pickup of Art Work
Monday, September 24 – 1:00 PM
Saturday, September 29 – 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Thursday, October 4 – 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Friday, November 9 – 4:30 PM
Saturday, November 10- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
To register completely fill out the form below.
DELIVERY OF WORK
Work must be delivered to the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue White Rock. Please ensure that the Identification is attached to the back of each work entered and 2-d artwork is ready to be hung. 3-d artwork must be labelled and no larger than 12x12x12 inches.
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist. Exhibiting artists are asked to prepare a letter-size (8 ½”x 11”) sheet with information about their works, including how purchases can be arranged, for the White Rock Community Centre Art Show Reference Binder, on display in the lobby throughout the exhibit. We suggest artists include their “Artist Statement” as an introduction to their biography for the Reference Binder.
- The Committee will take the utmost care in handling the work but cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- To ensure quality and originality, work will not be accepted that is, a copy of the work of others or made entirely from a kit or commercial design;
- All pieces must be dry and ready to be displayed.
- All works should be appropriately wired for hanging.
- For the protection of both people and work, each piece must be able to be carried easily by one person, and fit through a standard door.
- Multi panel or multi component pieces (i.e. diptychs, triptychs) will be accepted.
- The City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts retain the right to refuse to exhibit any artwork that is in contravention of the criminal code, when the art is at risk of damage or loss of artwork during installation, the exhibition, and uninstallation.
By entering this call, permission is given to Semiahmoo Arts and the White Rock Community Centre to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, including promotion of the exhibition on their websites.