Arts Office Admin Assistant
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive Director, the part-time Admin Assistant works with staff to ensure smooth operations including but not limited to: staffing the office and customer service; assisting with facility operations and rentals; assistance with ongoing programs.
• Acts as the first point of contact with phone calls and walk-ins.
• Processes sales in the form of cash, cheque, debit and credit card for ticket sales to events, memberships, facility rentals, clay and drop-in sales and the sale of artwork.
• Assists with the running of facilities, including maintaining room usage calendars, key distribution, signage.
• Facility rentals, including inquiries, contracts, setup, take-down and room maintenance.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for arts and culture with a knowledge of the local arts scene.
• Experience working in an office environment, with arts administration experience preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with the public, members, staff, board and volunteers
• Excellent customer service skills
• Solid knowledge in effectively using MS Office, social media platforms and wordpress. Basic bookkeeping knowledge and use of Sage 50 is an asset.
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must have or willing to get valid first-aid certification and criminal record check.
• This is a permanent, part-time position with approximately 20 – 24 hours per week.
• Must be able to work Saturdays.
• Some weekend and evening shifts will be required for special events.
• Ability to cover other staff shifts for vacation, sick days, etc. is desired.
• Start date is negotiable.
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter and résumé outlining qualifications.
Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline: Monday, July 16, 2018 |