Semiahmoo Arts has a part time opportunity for an experienced Pottery Technician to support the South Surrey pottery studio.
- Prefer current studio ceramic art practice or advanced student
- BFA or diploma with a ceramic focus an asset
- Experience in materials and processes used in making and testing glazes and slips
- Experience in loading, unloading and firing electric kilns
- Familiarity with MSDS – Material Safety Data Sheets
- Knowledge of a variety of ceramic and sculpture techniques
- Teaching ceramic classes and workshops an asset
- Experience working in a community studio an asset
- Well organized, detail oriented and a self starter
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Mixing glazes and slips
- Testing glazes and slips
- Loading, unloading and firing kilns
- Recycle clay and pug clay with a pug mill
- Monitor supply inventory
- Ensure the studio and storage areas are organized, tidy and well cleaned
- Assist in the maintenance of studio equipment; wheel, slab rollers, pug mill, etc.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Studio Technician
- Work collaboratively with the studio potters and Semiahmoo Arts Team
- Possibility to teach classes or run workshops
This position is for 8 hours on Saturday, vacation relief and possible on call hours.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: May 6, 5pm 2019