Job Posting: Arts Programmer
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Arts Programmer is responsible for carrying out a variety of organizational and administrative responsibilities related to planning, developing and implementing arts programs and services for children, youth, adults and seniors at Semiahmoo Arts (The Community Arts Council of White Rock and District). Working as part of a team, the Arts Programmer will also be required to gather and prepare related promotional information, including submissions to the recreation guides for The City of Surrey.
- Apply creativity in developing unique arts programs tailored to the needs and interests of the community.
- Build relationships with current partners, members, instructors and students.
- Liaise with staff at The City of Surrey.
- Participate in the implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of Semiahmoo Arts programs, events and services as required.
- Perform other related duties from time to time.
The idea candidate will have a passion for arts and culture with a knowledge of the local arts scene. Knowledge of pottery is a valued asset.
- Experience in programming courses, classes and workshops, preferably in the arts.
- Excellent and tactful communication and interpersonal skills in person, on the phone, in writing and email.
- Ability to work effectively with the public, instructors, members, volunteers, staff and board.
- Solid knowledge in effectively using MS Office and social media platforms.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive in seeking opportunities to develop new programming and finding new instructors.
- Current Emergency First AID (CPR) certificate and a current Police Information Check (PIC).
- This is a permanent, part‐time position with approximately 15-20 hours per week.
- Start date is negotiable, but August is desired.
Remuneration: To be determined
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter with expected wage and résumé outlining qualifications to:
Barb Nelson, Executive Director email@example.com
No phone call or email inquiries please. Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, July 24, 2015
Download a PDF of the posting here.