Art Exhibition at the White Rock Community Centre
“Annual Herstory”: INTERNATIONAL WOMENS’ DAY ART EXHIBITION
March 1 – May 15, 2020
In celebration of International Women’s Day, the City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts are inviting ALL artists showcasing the power of women and gender parity.
International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 every year in many countries around the world. According to the United Nations “it is a day when women are recognized for their achievements without regard to divisions, whether national, ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic or political.”
Created in partnership with the City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts, the Art on Display program ensures art is visible and accessible to the community. In a series of themed juried exhibitions held throughout the year, Art on Display showcases work in a variety of media by community and regional artists.
Entry Deadline: Feb. 21, 12PM
Delivery of Art Work: Feb. 29, 9AM-1PM
Opening Reception: Mar. 5, 5PM-7 PM
Show Closes: May 15
Pickup of Art Work: May 16, 9AM-1PM
Entry Fee $10.00 per piece, maximum 3 entries.
Register online below. Paypal and credit cards are accepted.
In person at White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, V4B 0A6. Cash or cheques made payable to Semiahmoo Arts are accepted.
DELIVERY OF WORK
Work must be delivered to the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue White Rock. Please ensure that the identification is attached to the back of each work entered and work is ready to be hung.
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist. Exhibiting artists are asked to prepare a letter-size (8 ½”x 11”) sheet with information about their works, including how purchases can be arranged, for the White Rock Community Centre Art Show Reference Binder, on display in the lobby throughout the exhibit. We suggest artists include their “Artist Statement” as an introduction to their biography for the Reference Binder.
• The Committee will take the utmost care in handling the work but cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
• To ensure quality and originality, work will not be accepted that is a copy of the work of others or made entirely from a kit or commercial design;
• All pieces must be dry and ready to be displayed.
• All works should be appropriately wired for hanging.
• Work is to have been completed within the last five years.
• For the protection of both people and work, each piece must be able to be carried easily by one person, and fit through a standard door.
• Multi panel or multi component pieces (i.e. diptychs, triptychs) will be accepted.
By entering this call, permission is given to Semiahmoo Arts and the White Rock Community Centre to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, including promotion of the exhibition on their websites.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Semiahmoo Arts: (604) 536-8333
White Rock Recreation and Culture: (604) 541-2199
Deadline for application is Monday, February 21 – 12:00 PM