Created in partnership with the City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts, the Art on Display program ensures art is visible and accessible to the community. In a series of 5 to 8 themed juried exhibitions held throughout the year, Art on Display showcases work in a variety of media by community and regional artists.
Delivery of Art Work
Pickup of Art Work
Monday, June 18 – 6:00 PM
Saturday, June 23 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Thursday, June 28 – 5:30 – 7:00 PM
Friday, Aug 3 – 4:30 PM
Saturday, Aug 4 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
THE FAMILY ART SHOW
Artists get inspiration from many sources; however, a spirit of creativity is often cultivated at a young age through those closest to us, our Family.
For this exhibition, we encourage artists to utilize a work of art created by a member of their family as the basis for a reproduction or a new inspired work.
Through this process, artists will be acknowledging their family’s influence on their creative journeys while reflecting upon this as artists of today.
- All artists are invited to submit two works of art that must include:
1) Family member’s artwork (inspiration).
2) New artwork based on or inspired by Family Member’s artwork.
- Complete the application form below.
- Entry Fee $10.00 – Paypal (link below), by phone, cash, cheque or money order made payable to Semiahmoo Arts Society.
DELIVERY OF WORK
Artwork must be delivered to the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock on Saturday, June 23 between 9am-1pm.
Please ensure that the identification is attached to the back of each work entered and work is ready to be hung.
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist. Exhibiting artists are asked to prepare a letter-size (8 ½”x 11”) sheet with information about their works, including how purchases can be arranged, for the White Rock Community Centre Art Show Reference Binder, on display in the lobby throughout the exhibit. We suggest artists include their “Artist Statement” as an introduction to their biography for the Reference Binder.
- The utmost care will be given in handling the work, but the committee is not responsible for loss or damage.
- All pieces must be dry and ready to be displayed.
- All works should be appropriately wired for hanging.
- For the protection of both people and work, each piece must be able to be carried easily by one person, and fit through a standard door.
By entering this call, permission is given to Semiahmoo Arts Society and the White Rock Community Centre to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, including promotion of the exhibition on their websites.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
White Rock Recreation and Culture: (604) 541-2199
Semiahmoo Arts Society (Melanie Watts): 604-536-8333