The City of White Rock in partnership with Semiahmoo Arts is currently accepting submissions from artists to exhibit their work in our upcoming solo art shows at White Rock Community Centre. The first show will run from May 3 to June 15, with an opening reception on May 3 2018. The second art show will run from Aug. 16 to Sept 28, with an opening reception on Aug. 16 2018. All mediums are welcome as long as the artwork is within the size restrictions.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: February 12, 2018 – 6:00 PM
Solo Exhibitions proposals must include the following items:
- Artist statement describing the exhibition or body of work proposed. Including ideas, issues and/or themes the artwork resonates or confronts.
- The name, email, and address contact information of the participating artist.
- Curriculum Vitae and Biography.
- 6 – 10 JPEG or PDF images emailed to email@example.com, or on disk, or printed photographs (no larger than 8.5” x 11”) of artworks by each artist. All images must be clearly marked with artist’s name, title, and size. Links to websites will not be accepted.
- The proposal must also include an idea for the artist to participate in an interactive component with the community; e.g. artist talk, artist demo, interactive workshops, or any other creative suggestion. Proposals involving costs should include a budget.
- $20 entry fee
If the artist has a preferred month of exhibition, please note in proposal.
Proposals can be email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mailed to:
White Rock Community Centre – Art on Display Program
15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, V4B 0A6
Fees for emailed proposals can be paid via PayPal (linkbelow) or in person via cash or cheque. (cheques must be made out to Semiahmoo Arts).
DELIVERY OF WORK
Work must be delivered to the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue White Rock. Please ensure that the identification is attached to the back of each work entered and work is ready to be hung.
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist. Exhibiting artists are asked to prepare a letter-size (8 ½”x 11”) sheet with information about their works, including how purchases can be arranged, for the White Rock Community Centre Art Show Reference Binder, on display in the lobby throughout the exhibit. We suggest artists include their “Artist Statement” as an introduction to their biography for the Reference Binder.
• The utmost care will be given in handling the work, but the committee is not responsible for loss or damage.
• All pieces must be dry and ready to be hung on the wall.
• All works should be appropriately wired for hanging. All works are to be wired with plastic coated wire.
• For the protection of both people and work, each piece must under 30 lbs, and be no larger than 36×48″.
• By entering this call, permission is given to Semiahmoo Arts and the White Rock Community Centre to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, including promotion of the exhibition on their websites.
There is a cost of $20 per proposal. This covers the cost of review and deliberation for the jury. Pay via paypal below or cash or cheque.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Semiahmoo Arts: Melanie Watts (604) 536-8333
White Rock Recreation and Culture: (604) 541-2199