The City of White Rock in partnership with Semiahmoo Arts Society is currently accepting submissions from artists to exhibit their work in our upcoming solo art show at White Rock Community Centre. The art show will run from Aug. 16 to Sept 28, with an opening reception on Aug. 16 2018.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: April 20, 2018 – 6:00 PM
Solo Exhibitions proposals must include the following items:
- Artist statement describing the exhibition or body of work proposed. Including ideas, issues and/or themes the artwork resonates or confronts.
- The name, email, and address contact information of the participating artist.
- Curriculum Vitae and Biography.
- 6 – 10 JPEG or PDF images emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or on disk, or printed photographs (no larger than 8.5” x 11”) of artworks by each artist. All images must be clearly marked with artist’s name, title, and size. Links to websites will not be accepted.
- The proposal must also include an idea for the artist to participate in an interactive component with the community; e.g. artist talk, artist demo, interactive workshops, or any other creative suggestion. Proposals involving costs should include a budget.
- $20 entry fee
Submissions should be emailed to: email@example.com
Hand delivered or mailed will also be accepted to:
White Rock Community Centre – Art on Display Program
15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, V4B 0A6
Fees for emailed proposals can be paid via PayPal (linkbelow) or in person via cash or cheque. (cheques must be made out to Semiahmoo Arts Society).
The jury will select the artist based on the following criteria:
- A cohesive theme to the work
- Quality of proposal: Innovative ideas and potential for creating excitement
- Artistic merit and the artists professional record of achievement
DELIVERY OF WORK
Work must be delivered to the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue White Rock. Please ensure that the identification is attached to the back of each work entered and work is ready to be hung.
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist.
Created in partnership with the City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts, the Art on Display program ensures art is visible and accessible to the community. In a series of 5 to 8 themed juried exhibitions held throughout the year, Art on Display showcases work in a variety of media by community and regional artists.
- The committee will take the utmost care in handling the work but cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- To ensure quality and originality, work will not be accepted that is:
- a copy of the work of others;
- made entirely from a kit or commercial design; and/or an article made entirely from a commercial mould.
- All pieces must be dry and ready to be displayed.
- It is preferred all work will be in frames. Edges should be finished and painted if it does not have a frame.
- All works should be appropriately wired for hanging. All works are to be wired with plastic coated wire.
- Work is to have been completed within the last five years.
- We can accommodate all 2-d work that can be hung on the wall and is no larger than 36×48″ and 30lbs. We can also accommodate 3-d pieces that are no larger than 12x12x12″ and 15lbs.
- Multi panel or multi component pieces (i.e. diptychs, triptychs) will be accepted.
- All mediums are welcome as long as the artwork is within the size restrictions.
By entering this call, permission is given to Semiahmoo Arts and the White Rock Community Centre to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, including promotion of the exhibition on their websites.
Note: Art on Display runs at the White Rock Community Centre – Gallery. It is a multi-purpose art space dedicated to delivering art and cultural services to White Rock and South Surrey. Due to the many creative activities in this space the gallery does not have set hours. Please call in advance for viewing 604-541-2199.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Semiahmoo Arts: Melanie Watts (604) 536-8333
White Rock Recreation and Culture: (604) 541-2199