Call to Artists:
The City of White Rock in partnership with Semiahmoo Arts is currently accepting submissions to the Youth Art Exhibition as part of the Art on Display program. All artists aged 12-19 are invited to submit a maximum of three works of art. Artwork of all mediums will be accepted.
This exhibition celebrates the talented and dynamic art of youth on the Semiahmoo Peninsula and provides an opportunity for young visual artists to showcase and celebrate their artistic abilities.
The exhibition runs from September 21-October 20, 2017 and the opening reception will be held on Thursday, September 21, 5:30pm-7:30pm at the White Rock Community Centre.
To enter the show please complete an entry form below:
Deadline Extended: September 15, 2017 at 6:00pm
All art work must be delivered to the White Rock Community Centre on September 18 between 9:00am and 1:00pm.
All artwork Art work not accepted to the exhibition must be picked up by September 20. All artists needing to pick up their art work will be contacted.
Created in partnership with the City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts, the Art on Display program ensures art is visible and accessible to the community. In a series of 5-8 themed juried exhibitions held throughout the year, Art on Display showcases work in a variety of media by British Columbian artists.
Entry Deadline EXTENDED
Delivery of Art Work
Pickup of Art Work
Friday, September 15 – 6:00 PM
Saturday, September 16 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Thursday, September 21 – 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Friday, October 20
Saturday, October 21 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Maximum 3 entries.
White Rock Community Centre – Art on Display Program
15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, V4B 0A6
DELIVERY OF WORK
Work must be delivered to the White Rock Community Centre, 15154 Russell Avenue White Rock. Please ensure that the Identification is attached to the back of each work entered and work is ready to be hung.
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist. Exhibiting artists are asked to prepare a letter-size (8 ½”x 11”) sheet with information about their works, including how purchases can be arranged, for the White Rock Community Centre Art Show Reference Binder, on display in the lobby throughout the exhibit. We suggest artists include their “Artist Statement” as an introduction to their biography for the Reference Binder.
- The Committee will take the utmost care in handling the work but cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- To ensure quality and originality, work will not be accepted that is, a copy of the work of others or made entirely from a kit or commercial design;
- All pieces must be dry and ready to be displayed.
- All works should be appropriately wired for hanging.
- For the protection of both people and work, each piece must be able to be carried easily by one person, and fit through a standard door.
- Multi panel or multi component pieces (i.e. diptychs, triptychs) will be accepted.
- The City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts retain the right to refuse to exhibit any artwork that is in cotravention of the criminal code, when the art is at risk of damage or loss of artwork during installation, the exhibition, and uninstallation.
By entering this call, permission is given to Semiahmoo Arts and the White Rock Community Centre to photograph accepted works for publicity and documentary purposes, including promotion of the exhibition on their websites.